- Talk to the expert 0844 879 3960
- Request a Brochure
A trip to Burma wouldn't be complete without trying some of the country's wonderful street food, and downtown Yangon is a great place to get stuck in.
1. Mohinga - A fragrant fish soup with garlic, ginger and lemon grass, mostly eaten with vegetable fritters or boiled eggs.
2. Khout Swe (coconut noodle soup) – A soup cooked with gram flour and coconut milk with chicken.
3. Fritters - These range from Calabash to Shrimp, with lots in between!
4. A-Thoat (salads) – Noodle or rice vermicelli with fried onion, tamarind sauce, roasted gram flour and fish sauce.
5. Hta Min Sain (rice and curries) - Various meats, fish, egg, veggie, relish and soups, all served up with rice.
6. Traditional tea houses and shops - OK so not a food but great places to meet friends, chat, drink tea and coffee and eat Burmese snacks made with rice flour, coconut and jaggery.