- Talk to the expert 0844 879 3960
- Request a Brochure
Our Far East Operations Assistant Nhi recommends this tasty traditional Vietnamese fish dish.
It’s simple to make and smells delicious,we think it’s definitely worth a try.
- 500g monkfish or swordfish
- 2tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp turmeric power (if fresh turmeric, 1 tbsp finely grated)
- 50gr Galangal finely grated
- Garlic – to taste
- 100g Dill : roughly chopped, including the stalk
- Mint – to taste
- Coriander – to taste
- Spring onions – to taste
Dice fish and marinade them with all the ingredients (apart from dill, mint, coriander, spring onion and oil) and leave it to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Grill the fish until it is part cooked and white on the outside, this usually takes about 10 mins. Afterwards transfer the fish into the pan with plenty of oil and fry it for another 5 mins or so until it all golden.
Add dill, mint, coriander and spring onions to taste and it is ready to serve.
* Tip: Best served with rice noodles straight to the wok, or cooked rice and crushed roasted peanuts.
This dipping sauce can be adapted to suit your palette but to get you started, this is my preference.
2 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp of lime/lemon juice
6 tbsp of warm water
1 clove of garlic (chopped finely)
1 hot chilli (chopped finely) optional
Just mix it all together and taste it before serving.