We are all aware of the ongoing concern related to Coronavirus COVID-19, with the news cycles full of reports about the outbreak, and we wish to reassure our clients that we are here to provide you with help and support during this difficult time. If you have questions about your TransIndus holiday please call our office on 0208 566 3739 and a member of our team will assist you.
Our New Flexible Booking Conditions
At this time of great uncertainty, we understand many of our clients will wish to consider postponing or changing their holiday plans. Of course, we'd prefer that you to still travel to Asia, even if it is at a later date, so that you can experience these wonderful destinations and provide much needed economic support to our in-country partners, support staff, guides and drivers whose livelihoods depend on tourism. To assist with this we have introduced the following special booking conditions:
Anyone booked to travel up to the end of September 2020 May re-book for any date up to September 2021 at no extra cost (except when transferring to the Christmas, New Year and Easter peak periods).
If you’d prefer to change to an alternative TransIndus destination - for any departure date up to September 2021 - we will help you achieve this within your original budget, without any amendment fees (again, please note that moving to the Christmas, New Year and Easter dates may require a supplement charge).
Should you, on the other hand, decide you’d rather cancel your holiday, you are of course entitled to a full refund if you are scheduled to travel on or before 30 April this year. Normal cancellation rules apply for bookings scheduled to depart after that date.
To read our full Booking Conditions >> Click Here
Where can I find the most up to date official information about the Coronavirus and travelling to Asia?
Our general advice to all clients before travelling is to always remain informed about the entry requirements and health advice for your destination of travel, as well as being aware of what your travel insurance will cover.
- The National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) - https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/ - The UK-based source of health-related information to help you prepare for foreign travel trusted by GP's and Travel Clinics
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public - Provides the information on how to protect yourself from Coronavirus
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus - The UK Government's advice on how the Coronavirus may impact travel overseas. Travelling against this advice - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice - can have travel insurance implications (see below for more on this)
- The Association of British Insurers (ABI) - https://www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/topics-and-issues/coronavirus-qa/ - Has produced a useful Q&A guide on the travel insurance implications. It is recommended that you speak with your travel insurance provider if you have any questions about your policy cover
- The Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) - https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak - Provides free guidance to travellers on their rights when booking a holiday with a tour operator and how the Coronavirus may impact international travel
If you have any questions about your travel plans to Asia, please contact the TransIndus Team on 0208 566 3739 or email [email protected] We are here to help.
Talk to the Experts
At TransIndus we are committed to quality and determined to ensure every one of our clients enjoys the best holiday possible. Having lived or worked, and travelled extensively in their specialist countries, our consultants are experts whose advice can be depended on. To make an enquiry, call us on 0208 566 3739
020 8566 3739