Covid-19 Promise & Flexible Booking Guarantees
TransIndus, the UK’s leading Asia Specialist helps you discover the best of India and beyond with local experts at your side, every step of the way.
Now, more than ever, it’s important to book with a company you can trust and one that has first-hand knowledge of the destination at its fingertips. At TransIndus, we have been creating unique travel experiences and holidays for our valued travellers for more than 30 years with a near 100% success rate.
When you feel ready to start planning your next adventure, we’re here to help you rediscover your love of travel. As airlines and hoteliers attempt to shore-up business for next winter, there are some very tempting offers available in the market but we understand that committing to a big holiday in these uncertain times is difficult, that’s why we have updated our Covid-19 Promise and introduced a Flexible Booking Guarantee that takes the worry away.
Minimal Deposits & Deferred Balance Payments
Having finalised your itinerary with our specialist travel experts, you can secure your amazing value holiday with:
- An initial, fully refundable deposit of just £100 per person until 28 February 2021.
- From 1st March 2021 onwards, Group Tour deposits are £500 for holidays of £2000 or under and 20% of value if the holiday is over £2000pp, whichever is greater.
- Once our partner airlines, cruise ships, trains and key properties are 100% certain of their manifests and ready to issue your tickets/vouchers, we may ask you for additional deposits, which remain fully refundable.
- The balance is only payable 46 to 30 days before your trip depending on the style of holiday booked and only if the trip is fully operational. We will not ask you for further payment if any of the arrangements remain uncertain.
Up to 30-days pre-departure if you feel disinclined to travel due to COVID-19 related issues, or the trip remains non-operational you will be able to:
- Postpone your holiday to depart anytime up to 12 months ahead, at the same price, without paying an amendment fee. (If your new date moves from off-peak season to high season, additional charges may apply).
- Move your holiday to any other one of our destinations, utilising the full-cash-value of the original holiday.
- Transfer your holiday to friends or family members, provided international flight tickets have not been issued.
Once the balance has been paid, should you feel disinclined to travel for Covid-19 reasons, even if we guarantee its operation, we will offer you a full refund of your holiday less 20% of the total holiday value and any non-recoverable costs. To ensure you don’t lose any money for a Covid-19 related cancellations, we’ll give you a voucher equal to 20% of the holiday value, redeemable against any new booking with TransIndus.
Please note: If the cancellation is triggered by medical advice even if related to Covid-19 issues, our normal Booking Conditions will apply, and travel insurance cover will need to be invoked. Our ‘Covid-19 promise and Absolute flexibility programme’ is specifically designed to cover scenarios that insurance does not cover.
Travel with Confidence
We understand many of you are keen to resume normal life and look forward to your much valued breaks. While most countries in Asia fared a little better in terms of containing infection numbers than Europe, they opted to keep their borders closed for the past 10 months. With the release of several new vaccines and some ambitious inoculation programmes, many countries are inching towards domestic normalcy, some have opened their borders and others are likely to in the coming weeks and months.
TransIndus will continue to review progress in our Asian destinations regularly and monitor FCDO (Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office); WHO (World Health Organisation) guidelines and local safety protocols and bring you news of further openings as soon as we have it.
Travel Safety Measures
In anticipation of these openings and to ensure your safety in these challenging times, TransIndus have been working with our ground partners to ensure your holiday is operated with much greater levels of safety, security, hygiene and cleanliness than ever in line with guidelines proposed by WTTC (The World Travel and Tourism Council).
Group Tour Size Reduced
Many years ago, TransIndus was among the first companies in the UK to introduce the concept of ‘small group tours’, with a maximum number of just 16 travellers. This smaller number guaranteed improved access to more interesting off-the-beaten–track sites and provided greater interaction with guides and local hosts. In this new Post-Covid world, we are committed to reducing our group size down further to just 8 to 10 people, to facilitate social distancing while being able to enjoy the camaraderie of travelling in a group.
Local Travel & Transport
Stringent deep cleaning routines have been agreed with of all vehicles and boats including the wearing of face masks and regular use of hand-sanitizers by drivers. Door handles and seating will be cleaned and disinfected at each entry and exit point. Where possible chauffeur driven vehicles will have a transparent partition between the driver and guests
- While we encourage guests to carry their preferred supply of face masks and hand sanitiser, all our vehicles will be equipped with both.
- Vehicles will be deep cleaned daily or between use, if used by different passengers.
- We have reduced our group size to ensure social distancing inside coaches and buses.
- Where possible smaller chauffeur driven cars may also have divider screens between passengers and chauffeurs.
- Chauffeurs/drivers will support PPE and practise social distancing and sanitise hands throughout the day
Excursions and Sightseeing Visits
Our local guides and tour leaders are both knowledgeable and already experienced in navigating guests through busy sights and monuments to ensure our guests personal preferences and needs are met.
- During these uncertain times they will discuss potential scheduling of visits to quieter times, when crowds are minimal and lines for entry shortest to ensure your safety.
- Guides and tour escorts will have temperature checks daily, before heading out to meet you.
- They will support PPE and practise social distancing and sanitise hands throughout the day.
- They will also have knowledge of and access to the nearest local clinics, testing procedures and health policies in each destination.
Finally, Our Joint Responsibility
We will all need to work together to ensure the Health and Safety of everyone concerned. As such we request that anyone who exhibits symptoms of Coronavirus kindly inform our local managers at the earliest opportunity and self-isolate. We will assist in organise PCR testing and in the unfortunate instance of a positive result we will provide all and any assistance we can to reschedule arrangements and ensure that everyone who may have come into contact with the affected member.
While we will absorb any costs within our control but any charges payable to external parties for rescheduling of arrangements will be passed onto you for potential reclaim from your travel insurance.
To read our full Booking Conditions >> Click Here
Where can I find the most up to date official information about the Coronavirus and travelling to Asia?
Our general advice to all clients before travelling is to always remain informed about the entry requirements and health advice for your destination of travel, as well as being aware of what your travel insurance will cover.
- The National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) - https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/ - The UK-based source of health-related information to help you prepare for foreign travel trusted by GP's and Travel Clinics
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public - Provides the information on how to protect yourself from Coronavirus
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus - The UK Government's advice on how the Coronavirus may impact travel overseas. Travelling against this advice - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice - can have travel insurance implications (see below for more on this)
- The Association of British Insurers (ABI) - https://www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/topics-and-issues/coronavirus-qa/ - Has produced a useful Q&A guide on the travel insurance implications. It is recommended that you speak with your travel insurance provider if you have any questions about your policy cover
- The Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) - https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak - Provides free guidance to travellers on their rights when booking a holiday with a tour operator and how the Coronavirus may impact international travel
If you have any questions about your travel plans to Asia, please contact the TransIndus Team on 0208 566 3739 or email [email protected] We are here to help.